Nine delicious salt-free recipes
Crispy parmesan pork escalopes with a red onion, chilli and greenbean salsa served with caponata
Just Cooking, Firies, Kerry
- 60g fresh breadcrumbs
- 20g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 tsp of garam masala spice blend
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 pork loin chops, fat removed
- 25g plain flour
- 2 free-range eggs, beaten
- 4 tbsp rapeseed oil for cooking
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Place the pork chops between two sheets of cling film and bat out with a rolling pin until thin.
- In a large bowl mix together the breadcrumbs, garam masala and black pepper.
- Put the flour and beaten eggs in separate bowls.
- Pass the escalopes through the ?our, then the beaten egg and finally the breadcrumbs.
- Take a large non-stick pan and add the rapeseed oil. Heat over a medium heat.
- Add the pork escalopes and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden and cooked through.
- When cooked, drizzle over the lemon juice and serve with the salsa and caponata.
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 100g green beans, trimmed
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Black pepper to season
- Bring a pan of boiling water to a rapid boil.
- Add the green beans, bring back to the boil and cook for two minutes.
- Drain well and run under cold water until the beans are cold.
- Cut the beans in half and place in a bowl.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients and store in the fridge.
- 3 peppers (yellow/green/red) de-seeded and diced small
- 1 courgette, small diced
- 1 small onion, peeled & small diced
- 2 celery sticks, peeled & small diced
- 50g pitted black or green olives cut in half
- 5g small capers
- Half packet cherry tomatoes, cut into 1/4s
- 4 tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp of caster sugar
- 2 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds
- Heat the rapeseed oil over a medium heat in a saucepan.
- Add the onion, celery, peppers, courgette and capers, and cover with a lid.
- Cook slowly, without allowing them to brown, for 6-8 minutes or until they are cooked.
- Add the vinegar and sugar and cook for a further 2 minutes. The vegetables should be just cooked.
- Add the tomatoes, chopped parsley, black olives and season with black pepper. Remove from the heat. Stir in the pumpkin seeds.